Saturday, December 12, 2009

Alfa Romeo 8C Spider:

Alfa Romeo

So I’ve been hearing a lot about this car for sometime and I really love it so naturally, I’m compelled to talk about it with you. This will be the first time since 1995 that this automaker will be selling their brand in North America. Anyone know who this long standing automaker is? If not, I bet you’re all pretty curious by now. Okay, I’ll give it up, it would be the Italian automaker; Alfa Romeo. These guys have a great reputation for their cars but personally I’ve never been a fan of anything they have made. Luckily, there’s a first time for everything. The 8C is Alfa Romeo’s take on a true exotic sports car and what a take it is.

Before we discuss what’s under it’s hood, why don’t we pretend that the 8C is sitting in our garage because it would be oh so nice to own one of these. So when you walk downstairs and into your garage you see this beauty and inside this beauty sits a powerful 4.7L V8 engine which can satisfy your adrenaline addiction with 450hp, hitting the 100km/h mark in about 4.5 seconds. Anyone who isn’t a fan of convertibles, no need to worry the coupe carries the same statistics. To help the car reach those very nice numbers we just discussed, it is completely outfitted with Carbon Fiber panels. You’re also set with suspension with a front and rear double wishbone design.

Now if you really do want this exotic car in your garage you better get ready to fight for it because, of the 500 being available worldwide, a small 35 will be available to you in the U.S. and make sure your wallet can hold some serious cash because it’ll be running you around $300,000.

My Thoughts: Love it, love it, love it!! I could do with a quicker 0-100km/h time but it’s a beautiful car and I’d be happy to make a place for it in my huge garage which doesn’t exist!

Thumbs up! You’ve seduced me Alfa Romeo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails